Incredibles Play Set
|Game Type||Play Set Game|
Syndrome is out for revenge again! Gather intelligence, analyze Syndrome's technology, and learn to use Zero Point Energy in an epic final battle over downtown Metroville.
The Incredibles Play Set is one of three Play Set Games available with the Game Piece from the Disney Infinity 1.0 Starter Pack. The game was released on August 18th at launch. It is set in an alternate timeline in which Syndrome is still alive, although it is clear that it takes place after the movie, as Mirage (who used to be a villain) is already good. You play as the Incredible family (Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, Violet and Dash) in a beat 'em up battle against Syndrome and the Omnidroids.
Syndrome has risen again and released the Omnidroids in Metroville. The Incredibles family then is tasked to take all the Omnidroids down, beat Syndrome and save the day. Along the way, they will do missions for various citizens to earn money to buy new things in the catalog. Various NPC characters will come to help you like Edna Mode and Mirage.
There are a number of activities available in the Play Set:
- Missions that become available as the player progresses in the Play Set. Some are assigned by Mission Givers such as Edna Mode and Rick Dicker.
- Gold Star Missions can be completed by performing certain tasks, some of which can be performed independent of those assigned by Mission Givers, and award a Gold Star for completion which represents a spin in the Disney Infinity Vault.
- Challenges will appear throughout the Play Set; some of which are character-specific, while others can be completed by any character.
- For details, see Incredibles Play Set/Activities.
Toy Store Items
(in the order listed in the Play Set's Toy Store)
- Mr. Incredible's Sports Car
- The Incredicopter
- The Incredicar
- Downtown Express Bridge
- Glide Pack
- Hover Board
- Zero Point Energy Gauntlet
- Newspaper Stand
- Hotdog Stand
- Orange car
- Ice Cream Truck
- School Bus
- Green Sports Car
- Purple Truck
- Grey Utility Truck
- Pink Family Car
- Edna's Costume Shop
- Training Facility
- SuperMax Prison
- HQ Research Station
- Characters like Jack-Jack Parr and Tony Rydinger do not appear, although Tony was mentioned by Violet wondering what he was doing (this also happens in the toy-box), and Dash singing K-I-S-S-I-N-G about Violet and Tony. Also, Jack-Jack Parr was mentioned by Mr. Incredible, who hopes that he will handle well with his babysitter. He was also mentioned by Mrs. Incredible, who also mentions Kari McKeen in different lines, wondering if she is handling Jack-Jack.
- Jack-Jack does appear in concept art, indicating he was likely planned to be an NPC at some point in the playset before being dropped.
- The Incredibles play set is the first Play Set to have more than one female playable character, with a total of two (in this case being Mrs. Incredible and Violet).
- The story appears to be set in an alternate timeline of events in the actual film (seeing as Syndrome is still alive and unleashing his Omnidroids into the city, unlike in the film where he attempted to kidnap Jack-Jack only to be killed in the end by Mr. Incredible and his family).
- Originally the story was going to have The Underminer as the main villain (seeing as he appears in early concept art for the game), but was scrapped (likely to include Syndrome as a playable character, who's also more popular) and the fact that the Underminer wasn't appealing enough for a playable spot).
- For more game related media, see Incredibles Play Set/Gallery.
- ↑ It was the only time more than one Play Set Game was included with a single Game Piece.