|Game Type||Toy Box Game|
|Figures||All Marvel character figures|
Marvel Battlegrounds was released on March 15, 2016. As a Toy Box Game, it may be used with all Marvel Character Figures.
It was confirmed on Toy Box TV, and is being developed by United Front Games. During D23 Expo, John Vignocchi revealed that it will be the first game to include four-player co-op playing. It was also later confirmed that the game would only include one figure, making it the first single figure game.
Ultron teams up with Loki in an effort to steal Asgard’s immensely powerful Infinity Stone. To accomplish this, Ultron and Loki create robotic replicas of the famed Marvel Super Heroes and turn them against each other in an effort to distract them while they commit their crime. The Marvel Super Heroes duplicates battle each other in iconic environments such as a wrecked Brooklyn train yard, Wakanda (Black Panther's Home Country) and S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Lunar Base, culminating in a universe-shaking battle against Ultron.
- Black Panther
- Black Suit Spider-Man
- Captain America - The First Avenger
- Hulkbuster Iron Man
- Black Widow
- Captain America
- Green Goblin
- Iron Fist
- Iron Man
- Nick Fury
- Rocket Raccoon
All round Marvel Power Discs are compatible with this game. The use of these discs are changed however, as they are adapted to the play style. For example, Costume Change discs have been changed to mirror the abilities of team-up power discs.
3.0 Power Discs:
2.0 Power Discs
- Alien Symbiote
- Captain Marvel
- Gamma Rays
- Infinity Gauntlet
- Iron Patriot
- Sentinel of Liberty
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier Strike
- Sorcerer Supreme
- Space Armor
- Stark Arc Reactor
- The Immortal Iron Fist
- Ultimate Falcon
- White Tiger
- Winter Soldier
- Despite Hiro and Baymax originating from Marvel Comics, they are not considered Marvel Playable Characters due to their classification as Disney Originals in-game. This is because their in-game designs are from their Walt Disney Animation Studios redesigns rather than their Marvel designs.
- This is the only Toy Box Game release for Disney Infinity 3.0.
- This is also the first game to only include one figure. However, some retailers offered a free Marvel figure from Disney Infinity 2.0 as a pre-order bonus.
- Characters where adjusted greatly, notably Rocket Racoon, getting a combo but sadly not keeping it in the toy box.
- This is the first 3.0 game that cannot be played on PC and Apple TV.
- For more game related media, see Marvel Battlegrounds/Gallery.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGt4EKO6jg0
- ↑ http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2015/06/01/special-edition-podcast-star-wars-and-disney-infinity-3-0.aspx
- ↑ http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/05/27/marvel-figures-from-2-0-to-be-playable-in-disney-infinity-3-0-playset-more-info-from-disneyinfinityfans-com/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JohnVignocchi/status/664538094427881472