Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire Play Set
|Game Type||Play Set Game|
|Franchise||Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire|
The Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire Play Set is one of the three Star Wars play sets in Disney Infinity 3.0. It comes with Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. It is based on Episodes IV-VI of the Star Wars saga. It was released at launch as an exclusive to the PlayStation 4  and it was released for all platforms on September 29, 2015 in the US. 
The play set is an adventure through the galaxy to stop Darth Vader and the Galactic Empire. It takes the player to three different planets (Tatooine, Hoth, and the Forest Moon of Endor), as well as The Death Star, Jabba's Palace, and other places. It features a finale scene on Hoth where players must defeat AT-AT's in order to save the Rebel base on the planet.
- Landspeeder Ring-Ding
- Skyhopper Swoop
- Mos Eisley Madness
- That's Some Sleigh Ride
- Dashing Through The Snow...
- Bonus Stage - AT-AT Crusher!
- AT-AT Sumo
- Button Basher
- The Fast and The Forested
- AT-ST Rampage
At first, Ninja Theory was tasked with this play set and Studio Gobo with the Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic Play Set. This changed when Studio Gobo came to the Disney team and reminded them that they had been working with Vehicles in their games for a long time. This was where the team realized that they had brought Ninja Theory on board to work with the lightsaber combat, but they had put them in the play set focused on vehicles, and that Gobo were vehicle specialists, but they had put them in the play set driven by lightsaber combat. This prompted the team to switch developers on the play sets.
Differences from the films
- The Play Set establishes Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, and Chewbacca being acquainted prior to the Play Set. Additionally, all four of them are present together throughout the play set, resulting in many scenes either being removed or changed.
- Luke, Leia, and Han retain their outfits from A New Hope during the entire play set.
- Unlike the original movies, which all take place at least a year apart from each other, there are no evident time skips in the play set.
A New Hope
- Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru and Grand Moff Tarkin do not appear.
- Leia is not captured by the Empire, and therefore doesn't have to be rescued on the Death Star.
- C-3PO and R2-D2 are not captured by Jawas after landing on Tatooine.
- The throne room scene after the destruction of the Death Star is removed.
The Empire Strikes Back
- Hoth is the only planet that appears in the play set. Dagobah and Bespin are both skipped, resulting in their scenes being moved or skipped entirely. As a result, Yoda has a much smaller role in the play set, and Boba Fett does not play a role in the story at all.
- Luke is not captured by the Wampa.
- Luke's duel with Darth Vader and the revelation that he is Anakin Skywalker is moved to the escape from Hoth, rather than on Cloud City. Additionally, Luke doesn't lose his hand in the duel.
Return of the Jedi
- The return to Tatooine is removed.
- Luke does not obtain his green-bladed lightsaber.
- Lando Calrissian is present on the Forest Moon of Endor prior to the destruction of the Death Star 2.
- The briefing on Home One is removed, with Admiral Ackbar instead briefing the main characters via holographic projection.
- The characters aren't captured by the Ewoks.
- Following his death at the hands of the Emperor, Vader's mask isn't removed.
- This is the only Play Set in the entire game to be based on more than one piece of material.
- For more game related media, see Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire Play Set/Gallery.
|Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire|
Play Set: Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire Play Set
Objects: Lightsaber | AT-AT | AT-ST | Imperial Shuttle | Imperial Star Destroyer | Luke's Landspeeder | Millennium Falcon | Mini Sandcrawler | Sandcrawler | Sebulba's Podracer | Snowspeeder | Speeder Bike | TIE Fighter | Luke's X-Wing | Special Forces TIE Fighter
Power Disc Packs: Rise Against the Empire Power Disc Pack