Toy Box Takeover
|Game Type||Toy Box Expansion Game|
|Figures||All Disney Infinity Character Figures|
Toy Box Takeover, originally known as "Villain Takeover", is a Toy Box Expansion Game in Disney Infinity 3.0. It is an exploration type game, similar to Escape from the Kyln and Brave Forest Siege. Any playable character except those from Cars can play the game. It is sold separately from the Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter pack, and is priced around $19.99 U.S. Most major retailers offered this for free when you pre-ordered the Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Pack. The game's release date was October 13, 2015.
The storyline of this game is that Syndrome from Pixar's The Incredibles has stolen Merlin's Magic Wand and has used it to create several new worlds, all based on Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars worlds, and has added villains to them. The player must make their way out of each level, continually moving in order to avoid The Void (also known as the Hero Destroyer), a destructive force that continually follows the player, obliterating everything in its path, enemies included. To help, the player has their sidekick, as well as Merlin to assist them by telling them important information.
The game includes many special collectibles that players can collect to unlock new Toys.
It has been estimated to last around three hours to complete.
Merlin's Tower/Hub World
- Unlockable Sidekicks: Grumpy, Edna Mode, Carl Fredrickson, Captain Hook, Merlin
- Bonus Toy: Merlin's Tower
- Boss: Venom
- Bonus Toy: Octopus Bridge
- Unlockable Sidekicks: Donald Duck, Chernabog
Lone Ranger World
- Boss: N/A
- Bonus Toy: Bank Vault
- Unlockable Sidekicks: Woody, Jessie
- Boss: Syndrome and 4 Syndrome sidekicks
- Bonus Toy: Syndrome's Volcano
- Unlockable Sidekicks: Dash, Violet, Syndrome
- This level is randomly generated each time. Each will end in a random boss either being: Barbossa, Davy Jones, Green Goblin, Venom, Loki, Ronan, Darth Maul, Darth Vader, or Boba Fett. Each time you clear it you unlock a sidekick, below is the list of sidekicks from the Hero Destroyer in order they are unlocked.
- Unlockable Sidekicks: Chip, Mrs. Incredible, Barbossa, Dale, TRON, Baloo, Mulan, Mr. Incredible, Flynt, Goofy, Jack Skellington, King Louie, Lewis, Oswald, Pinocchio, Tigger, Yeti, Pete, Stitch, CLU, Peter Pan, Launchpad McQuack, Baymax, Buzz Lightyear, Mickey Mouse
Escape from the Kyln
Toy Box Takeover is somewhat different from Escape from the Kyln in several ways. First, rather than simply re-using enemies from other areas of Disney Infinity, new enemies have been created specifically for the Toy Box game. Secondly, enemies take less time and effort to defeat in this game, and the player takes less damage from them. As a result, there will be more enemies per level. Also, sidekicks work differently in this game than they did in Disney Infinity 2.0. To level them up now requires more than just a change of costume; it takes work, and you have to feed them items grown from farming in order to raise their statistics. Additionally, a sidekick's level-ups do not extend to only the game itself, but when a sidekick is leveled up, they stay leveled up everywhere.
Also unlike in Escape from the Kyln, the designers of this game purposely created it so that it was not something that could be easily replicated in Toy Box; the game is full of game-exclusive content.  For example, in the Pirates of the Caribbean world, the player and sidekick can interact with water and boats, including The Flying Dutchman, to reach their goal.
- According to GameInformer magazine, the game will unlock fifteen new sidekicks. Once it was released however, over 40 sidekicks were revealed to be unlocked from this mode.
- The new Toy Box Expansion Game discs are transparent because Disney wants them to be seen more as Play Sets than as Power Discs.
- For more game related media, see Toy Box Takeover/Gallery.
- ↑ http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2015/05/21/disney-infinity-3-0-toy-box/
- ↑ http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/05/12/disney-infinity-3-0-meets-mario-kart-in-the-speedway-toy-box.aspx
- ↑ http://diskingdom.com/2015/06/09/more-details-on-disney-infinity-3-0s-toy-box-takeover/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNIpbVIpWY4.
- ↑ http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/05/05/details-of-the-four-new-toy-box-game-discs-in-disney-infinity-3-0/
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9ZMMCOXiws
- ↑ http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/05/05/new-disney-infinity-3-0-mode-farming-first-details/
- ↑ http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/05/12/disney-infinty-3-0-meets-diablo-in-toy-box-takeover.aspx